Sunday, January 13, 2008

Book 16 - True History of the Kelly Gang

Ken suggested that my next book should be "The True History of the Kelly Gang" by Peter Carey. The book features Ned Kelly, Australian outlaw extraordinaire, through his own words. It's a work of fiction and I am most curious to read the "true" true story, but this book was quite amazing. Carey does an amazing job with the vernacular and as you read, you feel as if Kelly is in fact sitting and telling you a story. I couldn't wait to get on the train in the evening to read more. After finishing it, I wanted to watch the movie with Orlando Bloom and Heath Ledger, but Family Video didn't have it and it wasn't worth a Blockbuster run.

Anyways, it's an easy read and an entertaining book. I haven't decided what my next book will be, but I'll need one for the train tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home