Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Book #8 - "A Million Little Pieces"



I finally read the book that was so controversial a couple of years ago. To be honest, I admired the fact that the author duped Oprah and millions of readers. I began reading this book at a coffeeshop and I'm pretty sure everyone was staring at me as I tried to read through my fingers a la scary movie "I can't look!"... There are some seriously intense scenes in this book, notably the root canal bit. It is an interesting and powerful read whether it's completely true or not. I am going to read his next book "My Friend Leonard" once I get back to the States, even though I know that the second book is criticized even more for being fabricated. I guess since I don't know how all of this went down in the publisher's office and who ultimately decided that these books were "non-fiction," I don't feel like I've been messed with. Who cares really? It's a great book. And if Frey was as seriously messed up as it sounds like, then the fact that he has recovered and has written two successful books and has remained sober, then that is an absolute miracle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth said...

He doesn't have to worry about where his next meal will come from. That's the most important part, I guess.

June 8, 2007 at 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home