Sunday, March 9, 2008

#86 - Write a letter to a company

Okay, so technically it was an email:

To Potbelly Sandwich Works:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Yesterday, I was craving a Potbelly sandwich and took some time to figure out where the nearest store was. I drove to the Naperville location to enjoy the food that I love.

Upon arrival, I was greeted with absolute enthusiasm. The place was incredibly busy with many young children, teenagers, and adults. I was extremely happy to see the wide selections of drinks, including IBC & Orangina. It's great that Potbelly's offers such unique drinks rather than the usual soft drink machine. The workers were personable and funny. I was extremely pleased with the service.

I managed to find a seat and was enjoying the activity around me when I realized that the music playing was quite excellent. And then I looked to my left and noticed that there was a man there playing a guitar and singing. It was amazing! I was practically grinning ear-to-ear as I sat enjoying my sandwich and Orangina.

As I got up to leave, I found the trash receptacle. However, I was quite disturbed when it came time for me to throw away the bottle. I asked a young man working whether there was anywhere to recycle and he stated that there wasn't. I debated carrying the bottle with me to my home, but knew I didn't want to carry it through my day of shopping. Instead, I tossed it in with all of the other bottles (glass and plastic) being consumed during this busy lunch hour.

I must say, that as happy as I was to have had a great meal with great atmosphere, I was disheartened that there is no way to recycle all of these containers. I feel that companies such as Potbelly's should be socially-conscious. As seen by my experience yesterday, many children love to eat at the establishments as well. It's a shame that they cannot be taught the importance of recycling through their experiences at your company.

I understand that perhaps financially this is not a very feasible option. Or perhaps there are too many work hours required, but I would love to be able to walk into your restaurants and see containers for recycling.

Thank you for listening. I absolutely adore your food and products. Please consider the message that is sent by not recycling in your many stores throughout the States.

Best regards,

Rachel R. Dorsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home